Top 5 Ways to Have the Best Holidays Ever
The year end holiday season is upon us. And with it comes the hope that this one will be truly the best one yet. However, many of us quickly get caught up in busyness, stress and old patterns. Here are 5 ways to turn that dynamic around and create a great holiday.
- Make conscious decisions. Get clear about what you really want to do over your holidays before compromising with others. If you don’t have a clear plan and clear intentions, you might find yourself getting swept into things you don’t want to do. Even if you compromise later, get clear with what you want to do first.
- Shorten your to-do list. What do the holidays mean to you? For many, it’s about family and friends. If an item on your checklist doesn’t add to your holiday or what you want to achieve, scratch it off your to-do list.
- Say no when you want to. It’s very liberating to say “no”. Try it and see. It sounds simple, but often, your obligations override what you want to do for yourself. When faced with options, choose the one that would allow you to have a happier holiday in line with your vacation plans.
- Limit unavoidable activities. Spend your holidays on your own terms. If you can’t avoid being at certain events during your holidays, limit the time you’re there.
- Take good care of yourself. Always keep stress at bay, even when on holiday: eat healthily, exercise and drink lots of water. Being on holiday isn’t just about relaxation and fun, maintain your health regime – at all times.
Author’s content used under license, © Claire Communications