The I Can Read System originally came about through research conducted between 1995 and 2000 by Antony Earnshaw and Annabel Seargeant. It is structured, cumulative and hierarchical, and is the first system in the world to link clusters of letters to single sounds in a unique manner.
- Created by educational psychologist following years of research.
- Created by educators with the following qualifications: PhD, BA, MA, Hons, DipEd, Master of Letters, Literature, Linguistics and Psychology majors, thesis based on research into reading acquisition and over 20 years field work.
- ICR creators are also the authors of “Dealing with Dyslexia and Reading Difficulties” published by Pearson Education.
- Is a proven programme trialled in Singapore and overseas and backed by statistical data.
- Has successfully taught over 200,000 students.
- Has been hailed by Professor Brian Byrne (author of The Alphabetic Principle) as being in line with current research into optimum ways to teach reading.
- If you choose I Can Read, you are choosing a reputable system which has proven itself over 16 years, is the market leader and is supported by professionals in the field.