We are looking to hire a hard-working, customer-oriented Shop Assistant. The responsibilities include welcoming customers, monitoring customer activities to prevent incidents of shoplifting and arrange window displays.
You should be organised, demonstrate effective communication skills, recommend suitable shop items for customers and provide exceptional customer service at all times.
Shop Assistant Responsibilities:
- Receiving, processing, and organizing shipments and deliveries accordingly.
- Restocking shop items and ensuring that the sales floor is organised
- Assisting customers in locating shop items.
- Informing customers of shop promotions to encourage purchases.
- Regular price checks to identify and correct any discrepancies.
- Performing day end cleaning duties, which includes cleaning windows, store cabinets as well as sweeping and mopping the shop floor.
- Addressing and resolving customers complaints in a professional manner.
- Processing customer payments using the shop's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Maintaining good knowledge of store items to provide advice and recommendations as needed.
Shop Assistant Requirements:
- Minimum high school diploma
- Proven retail sales experience.
- The ability to stand for long hours.
- The ability to use labeling and pricing equipment as well as Point of Sale (POS) software.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.