- planning and prototyping new applications;
- designing the architecture of the components of an application;
- deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project;
- testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments;
- problem solving;
- fixing bugs in existing projects;
- testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases;
- running performance benchmarking tests;
- reviewing colleagues' code;
- building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data;
- researching, incorporating and contributing to Open Source projects;
- meeting designers, developers and project staff for progress updates;
- gathering requirements from clients and users;
- learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages;
- staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development;
- building and maintaining databases;
- refactoring and optimising existing code;
- documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it;
- designing information architecture within an application or website.
- Minimum Degree in IT, Web Development, Computer Science or related.
- Experienced in PHP, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- Experienced in Photoshop / Illustrator or similar
- Backend development skills and iOS app development will be an advantage.
- Must be able solve problems independently and give constructive feedback.
RM1000 - RM2000