“ Within days of signing up with Jobsbac, I managed to secure a job with my dream company. I couldn’t believe it was that fast! ”
1. PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
· Ensure lecturers are meeting timelines for class attendance and exam-related documentation.
· Manage lecturers (under the programme) welfare and development. Analyse competencies and recommend training if applicable.
· Liaise with the Head of Academics and the Academic Coordinator on workload allocation.
· Ensure manpower resources are well utilised and allocated so as to reduce dependency on part-time lecturers.
· Lower departmental expenses by effectively managing classroom usage, materials being printed, and maximizing class size.
· Work with the Academic Coordinator to ensure Peer Observation is completed during Long Semesters for all FT and PT lecturers.
· Liaise with the Head of Academics and Academic Manager in organising Industry Advisory Board and External Advisor visits.
· Adhere to the SOPs of programme review to ensure that it is up-to-date, relevant and compliant to MQA standards.
· Communicate changes of the programme to all necessary parties.
· Provide relevant and accurate information for external audits such as MyQuest, MQA, MOHE and validations.
· Update of programme plans as and when directed by the Head of Academics for smooth planning of all relevant departments.
2. PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT
· Provide support and input to the Sales and Marketing Department in relation to:
o Open Days / Education Fair / Workshops
o Agent Conference
o Other relevant activities
· Responsible to counsel and ensure progression of student from the foundation or diploma level to IAC T degree courses.
· Provide update and relevant information for marketing collaterals
Conduct regular activities to grow the programmes (e.g. PBL, Industry Link, Media Exposure, Competition, Events)
3. TEACHING AND LEARNING
· Ensure that lecturers follow appropriate teaching and learning format.
· Responsible to report any changes in modules during the Academic Board meeting.
· Assist HR in conducting a Training Needs Analysis and ensure lecturers attend relevant training(s) throughout the year.
· Ensure all documents and information related to exams is accurate and timely for Exam Board.
· Ensure attendance of all lecturers during Exam Board and Lecturers are accountable for information submitted.
· Be familiar with academic regulations pertaining to student progression, completion and graduation.
· Provide students with accurate assessments and feedback in a timely manner.
4. STUDENT SUPPORT
· Increase student satisfaction rate by providing solutions to student concerns as and when they are raised.
· Assist students in programme planning to ensure the completion of their studies.
· Provide accurate information regarding the programme to Student Services Department (SSD) to update the student handbook.
· Work with SSD to provide counselling to students with progression issues, difficulties in studies, and other concerns.
· Monitor student attrition within the programme and develop solutions to reduce drop-out rate.
5. QUALITY ASSURANCE AND OTHERS
· Ensure validity of the programme COPPA and submit it to the Academic Manager for submission to the Regulatory Affairs department.
· Assist the Head of Academics in preparing for MyQuest, MOHE and MQA Audits.
· Assist the Head of Academics to review and improve SOPs.
· Assist or Lead in one or more committees within the Academic department such as Curriculum, Competition, Teaching and Learning, Assessment, Student Experience.
· Master Degree in the field of Communication, Journalism, Public Relations and/or media.
· Minimum of 5 years working experience in Malaysian Higher Education Industry
· Good understanding of MQA and MOE Regulations
· Industry Experience in the related field of no less than 2 years
· Good people and interpersonal skills and customer relations
· Previous education management role preferred